Bernard ate, and was thankful for it. During their little bit of supper, he told her everything. Of his family, Moreaus, and the process he had undertaken. She listened, though seemed far more interested in his book. Irritated that she had not returned it to him, he decided not to press the matter considering her obvious skill in druidism. He'd be wrapped in vines and at her mercy before he could have lifted a single claw.
"...and there you have it." Bernard's fangs dug into a leg of wild boar, ripping the flesh from it as he feasted.
She nodded, though remained silent with features fixed upon the tome.
A bit of silence. "...well?"
She'd glance up. "Well, what?" A pause. "Oh! Yes, your predicament." She closed the book gingerly, legs crossing beneath the table. "Well, you have roughly three choices available to you. Choice number one: resign to your fate and have us give you a merciful death. Choice number two: resign to your fate and escape before we are able to put you down, only for us to give you a not-so-merciful death later on."
Bernard had tensed, claws flexing a bit. "...if option three is not valid, elf, then you're going to have a fight on your hands." Both stared each other down for a moment.
"Choice number three: face the inner beast and master yourself before you lose what's left of your humanity."
"I like option three."
"I figured you would."
"Lets cut the crap -- how do I do it? Wait, better question..." He gestured a turkey leg at her. "...just why the hell are you helping me, anyway? What's your bloody name?"
The elf only smirked as she leaned back, admiring him as if he was some sort of pet. "You may call me Dee. I'm helping you because you're in a state we put you in. Sort of."
"Bullshit, Dee. Why should I trust you?"
"Do you really have a choice? Let me help you, or face a fate worse than death."
"..."
"Right." She'd pass him a leather ruck. It was worn, but looked more than sturdy. "If you wish to master yourself, you must isolate yourself. You must remove all contact from those around you. You are to leave tonight and not return for three days."
He glared at her, eyes narrow. "And if I come back early?"
"We slay you."
"Great. Do I get any supplies or is this 'live off the land' or some such?"
Dee presented him a pack. "Of course not. This ruck has three meals. Each meal is labeled for each day you will spend, and you should consume it upon first waking. There's also a few survival items in there for you."
He inspected it for a moment, still eating. "How is a little camping trip going to save my humanity?"
She stood, stretching slender limbs as wry smirk still danced. "Not all secrets can be shared. I highly suggest you spend the day resting. You are going to need it, Mr. Wesrin."