Why didn't I die with you?
I'm tired of being alone.
No, don't leave me!
"SAM!"
Bernard's head slammed to the side as he felt a palm strike swiftly across his face. Though dazed and confused, he'd snarl and struggle against his restraints as jaws snapped at the air. Wiry, slender fingers wrapped firmly about his throat as he was pinned back; a decidedly feminine yet strong voice ringing in his ears.
"That will be enough, Mr. Wesrin."
He recognized that. Yes, it was his last name. Ever so slowly, he became still and looked to observe the one standing over him. It was a Night Elf of distinct grace and age, covered in a sheer gown hanging from shoulders to foot. She paused to regard him and once confident of his placid status, began to speak.
"Let us settle the obvious questions, as your time is short given your condition."
"My time is short? Condition? What the hell are you--"
She continued, ignoring him. "First of all, you are safe. The restraints are for your own protection, and ours. You are in Moonglade..."
"Moonglade? Where the fuck is--" Swift strike across his brow, her face stern. She continued.
"...you are in Moonglade, under the care of the Cenarion Circle. We found you in the wilds of Ashenvale, a mere beast preying upon anything and everything that moved."
"What? Ashenvale? I was in--"
She'd lean forward, mere inches from his visage. "Interrupt me again, Mr. Wesrin, and it will be the last thing you do." There was no response, ears sinking back upon his skull as he stared at her in bewilderment.
"We are not sure as to how you came to be where we found you. It is evident however that something is slowly robbing you of your sentience. You are in a spiraling descent towards becoming a mindless, savage animal. We are able to slow the process, but we cannot stop it."
Bernard simply blinked, as if unbelieving of what he was hearing.
"At first, we thought that the procedures passed onto the druids who granted you salvation were faulty. However, given the very few instances of failure we believe this is not the case. It wasn't until I read the tome you were carrying with you..."
He glared, lurching up. "That's mine! You have no right to--" Vines erupted from from either side, strangulating him about the neck and mouth as she took a seat on edge of table.
"Mr. Wesrin, I did not wake this morning with an urge to kill. You are inclining me to change my mind. Now shut your mouth and listen." She proceeded, the Worgen still struggling against his gag.
"When I read the tome, I was inclined to believe that an outside influence is spurning the beast within. This 'Order of Moreaus' is quite a curious group. At least, from what I can divulge of your family history. I am inclined to believe that you may have recently partaken in some sort of ritual. There is the scent of blood upon you, but also...a corruption." She paused. "No, something else..."
He stared at her, obviously pissed beyond all belief, though he had stopped struggling against his restraints. She looked thoughtful, then turned a bit more towards him as vines retreated. He said nothing.
"Whatever you exposed yourself too or ingested is your undoing. You will not retain your humanity beyond the next few days."
"..."
"Oh, you can speak now..."
He started to open his mouth. "Choose words carefully, though."
A pause, and he continued. "You wouldn't be telling me all this if I didn't have options."
She delighted, gasping slightly as hands clasped together. "Very good, Mr. Wesrin! Indeed, you do have a set of options before you. However, that can be discussed later. Right now, you are famished and need something to eat."
She stood, gliding across the worn floorboards towards open doorway. "The serum we administered will keep you...civil...for the next day or so. Come."
She'd undone the straps and buckles that had held him to the table. Sitting up, he'd rub at his face and neck before giving his body a stretch. So many questions.
How did I get here? What happened? I was in Northrend. Valgarde. After that, I--
Stomach churned, letting loose a horrible growl.
"Mr. Wesrin..." Voice called from outside the small dwelling.
He didn't keep her waiting.